Always keep the firewall ON, use genuine operating system (OS) - keep your computer OS, antivirus software and all the softwares (Browsers, Flash Player, etc.) installed on your computer updated - to protect your PC from online threats. More than anything always remember to say Bismillah (In the name of Allah) before turning on your PC.
Always use passwords that are at least 12 characters in length with a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols, , such as @ ` ! " ? $ ? % ^ & ( ] * etc. Avoid using a dictionary word, dictionary words with numbers or characters in front or back, family member's name etc.
1. Change your password every 3 months.
2. Create a unique password every time.
3. Never write down your passwords.
4. Don't type your password when someone is looking over your shoulder.
5. Never keep the same password for two different websites or online accounts.
6. Don't share your passwords with anyone.
7. Never send your password to anybody in an email.
8. Change password immediately when you doubt that they are compromised.
9. Don't use the "Remember password" option on the browser without setting the Master Password.
10. Avoid typing your password on a computer that does not belong to you.
The answer to a good security question;
1. Is memorable,
2. Is definitive or simple,
3. Cannot be easily guessed or researched (safe),
4. Doesn't change over time (stable).
We hope the above tips will help you to protect your user accounts online.